:)

:)
Syafira Burhanuddin // 21 // Applied Geology, UM

01 June 2015

Tips for PASUM;

Well, I still couldn't believe that it has been two years since I left asasi. One of the greatest moments in life I could say. 

Since the new batch of PASUM just registered themselves last week, I am here to give several sisterly advices. :p


Time management is crucial in PASUM. Yes, you will be packed with classes from 8 am to 5pm. You have at least 6 tutorials and 2 lab reports every week (for asasi fizikal lah). So what I did was; I will finish my chemistry lab report the night after I did the lab. For example, lab chemistry ptg Isnin. Malam tu lepas dinner terus siapkan report because you will be very tired after chem lab. Awak tak akan larat nak siapkan tutorial atau cover balik apa awak belajar hari tu. Jadi baik gunakan tenaga yang tinggal utk salin balik report yang ada

Do all your tutorials. Dengan buat tutorial, awak akan lebih faham apa yang awak belajar dalam kelas. Don't do it last minute, don't copy your friends. Ask them or the tutors if you don't understand the questions. Try to finish up all the tutorials on weekend and you will have more free times at night on weekdays. Mostly in the final examination, lecturer akan tanya balik soalan tutorial, especially subject math. So yes, do the tutorials and understand them well.

Study group. You won't have all the answers and lecturers won't be available most of the time. So yes, ask your friends for help if you have something you don't understand. Do study group. When i was in PASUM, I really struggled to understand math and physics but Alhamdulillah, I was surrounded by good friends that helped me throughout the year. I always refer to them and in return, I would help them in chemistry.

Do past year questions. It really helps, trust me. Sebab soalan final selalunya berulang je lol

Get rid of the negative mindsets. Silibus tu senang je kalau awak fokus dan cuba fahamkan apa yang awak belajar dalam kelas. PASUM tak sama mcm sekolah yang akan ada cikgu ingatkan utk buat tutorial dan bagi setiap jalan kira. Kalau tak buat tutorial, hmm hanyutlah dibuai mimpi. 

"Selagi awak tak baca buku teks/rujukan 10 kali, jangan jumpa pensyarah dan cakap awak tak faham tentang sesuatu." -Prof. Sahar 
It's true though. If you don't understand about something, try to read back all the notes and reference book and InsyaAllah, you'll get a better understanding. Kita ni sebenarnya malas nak membaca je, lepas tu salahkan pensyarah ajar laju sangat. You cannot expect the lecturers will spoon feed you when you're in Uni. So try to adapt with your new environment rather than complaining ini susah, itu susah, okay? 



A3 - Sains Fizikal 


Honestly, PASUM was one of the greatest time. The friendship you made, the memories. It was really valuable. I was struggle to fit in at first tapi alah bisa tegal biasa kan. Masuk semester 2, I had lots of free time sebab dah biasa dgn jadual kelas and I already knew how to manage my time.



So don't worry. You will be fine. :)





p.s I graduated with 4.0 in case you're wondering. :P